PetSmart

Friday, February 22, 2008

My eye!

Tulip tried her best to give me a black eye this morning. She was curled up next to me when the alarm went off. She stretched and purred while I petted her. Then I sat up, which intimidated her because she could feel me looming over her. So of course she threw herself at me, claws and fangs out. Her nose hit me right in the eye full force. All I saw was a bright flash, followed by throbbing pain. I couldn’t even open that eye for a few minutes to see if it was okay. It’s a little bloodshot, but not too puffy now. Happy Friday!

Tulip realized right away what she had done. She sat down on the end of the bed with a pitiful look on her face. I was so pissed off initially that I left her sitting there. Once I decided I was going to live, I went out to the kitchen to make coffee. Kitty came out and rubbed up against my leg, looking for some approval. She got a pet and some breakfast, but she wasn’t very interested in eating.

While I sat and drank my coffee, she was still pretty sheepish. I finally coaxed her over to me and gave her another pet. Kitty was sorry! She curled up at my feet and watched the news with me while I finished my coffee.

I know that Tulip does most of the crazy things she does because she can’t see. I suspect that she’s used to being punked by the other cats she used to live with, so she’s very defensive unless she’s 200% sure who is touching her (or even near her sometimes) and why. But did I really need a punch in the eye at 5:30 in the morning?

1 comment:

Raynay said...

Looks like Tulip has a new nickname to add to her list. Eve called her "TKO". :)