PetSmart

Monday, April 7, 2008

Mama's home!

We got back from our roadtrip this afternoon. When I came into the house, Tulip kitty was sitting at the far end of the hallway. She perked up when I called her name, but she didn't seem to be convinced that it was really me. I walked down the hallway to her and reached my hand down so she could smell it. As soon as she did, her whole face lit up. She stood up and arched her back so I could pet her. She let out a little chirp. It melted my little heart.

After we unpacked some of our stuff, Eve took a nap. I had some reading to finish, so I went into the office. Kitty joined me. She was very vocal for the first several minutes. Finally she jumped up in her chair for a big nap. She was out like a light, sleeping in her chair next to my desk, content as could be. She even tolerated a belly rub. Kitty missed us!

I felt bad when I had to leave her again to go to school tonight. I can hardly wait to get home and curl up in bed with her. It was a long few days without her. I missed her every night when I went to sleep, and I missed her every morning when I woke up.

No comments: