PetSmart

Friday, December 21, 2007

No rest for the wicked

I think Tulip and Eve were determined to not let me sleep last night. I went to bed before everyone else. I was dreaming away when the rest of the crew piled into bed. Kitty and Eve started playing with the birdie, which would have been cute if it weren't 2:00 in the morning. Of course I immediately yelled at them, so we all went to sleep.

Along comes 4 AM and Tulip is messing around on Eve's nightstand. She's batting the lip balm around. She's playing with the pull-chain on the lamp. She's walking around on top of the CD player. She's clawing at the baskets on the shelf below her. This is met with, "RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHRRRRRRRRRRRRR*#$@!!" from me. So Eve shoos her off the nightstand.

Off the nightstand she comes, and over onto me. I'm laying on my side, so she proceeds to do a wobbly balancing act on my hip. For like 5 minutes. She finally falls off and decides it's time to investigate my nightstand now. Ting, ting, ting, creeeeek, bang, scratch, scratch, scratch, scratch, ting, ting, ting, ting, ting, ting, thud.

"KITTY!!!!!"

Tulip comes back onto the bed where she discovers the birdie which Eve had hidden under the covers. Tap, tap, tap, scratch, om, nom, nom, nom, nom, nom...

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!"

*silence*

Beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep. Oh look. Time to get up. *sigh*

2 comments:

Steve said...

Which one of dem bitches you gonna cap first? :)

Anonymous said...

Awwww. poor Renee :( *gets her a sleep mask and some ear plugs* Though.. I can't help with the cat on the hip thing... Sorry. ;)