PetSmart

Sunday, December 9, 2007

Meeting Caprice

Caprice came over to have a few beers with me on Friday night. Evie was out of town, so I was pretty mellow and just wanted to relax. While we were kicking back Miss Tulip kitty was very interested in the whole situation. Caprice isn't especially loud, so I think that helped Tulip relax. Caprice also happens to be fantastic with animals, so I was really hoping kitty would check her out.

As we sat around talking, we pretty much ignored kitty. She stuck her head out from behind the couch to "have a look" at Caprice. Then she came to the other end of the couch to investigate from there. Then she came out an flopped herself on the rug by me, listening in on our conversation. Finally she decided it was safe enough to start showing off for Caprice. She was rolling all around on the rug. Then it was up and over the arm of the couch. Then she was on top of the subwoofer for the surround sound. What a ham! She let Caprice get as close as a touch on the nose. Not quite as much as I had hoped for, but her behavior is interesting. She is certainly opening herself up to people a bit more. One of these days she's going to make friends with someone. I can hardly wait to see who she chooses.

No comments: