PetSmart

Monday, December 10, 2007

Handycat

While Eve was out of town, I decided it might be nice to finally repair the broken hinge on her bathroom cabinet. It's only been broken for something like a year and a half. Mostly I've just been dreading the trip to Home Depot.

I finally went to get the hinge. When I got home, I went right to work on fixing it. Kitty was very eager to assist. I had already taken the door off so I could take the broken hinge with me for comparison. All I had to do was re-drill the screw holes (Why would they line up? That would be way too easy.) I drilled the new holes, then started screwing the hinges onto the door. Tulip stuck her nose on the back of my hand to see what I was doing and kept it there while I tightened up the screws. It was pretty funny. She wouldn't back off, even though I was hitting her in the nose as I tightened down the screws. She was standing on the door, helping out. When I put the door in place, she was right there supervising too. She helped me level the door. Kitty's a big helper! Now if I could just get her to put some shelves up for me...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

See, Chloe helps me all the time! Her favorite thing to help me with is making the bed. Whenever I start ruffling the sheets and pillows, she runs up on the bed and chases the blankets when I try to smooth and even them out. Sometimes I'll throw the blankets over her and make the bed that way and she'll just purr so loud... she's a great help! :)