PetSmart

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Evacuation update

We are still at my office in La Jolla. Things continue to be safe here. We haven't been back to our house yet. However, I heard a guy on the radio about half an hour ago that was traveling through our neighborhood. He reported no fire damage, just a lot of ash and downed trees. Hopefully we'll continue to be lucky.

There was some talk yesterday about our company not letting us stay here at our offices because we are not "set up to be an evacuation center". Thanks for your compassion. Hopefully they've thought better of that idea, since we're still here. Some other co-workers showed up overnight. I was going to take a walk around campus to see who is here, but I'm just too tired. Other than very brief cat-naps I've been awake and checking the news sites all night. I can't wait for this to be over.

I thought I should add that Tulip kitty is resting in her bed. She'd love to go home too, but she's handling things well. She's sleeping at the moment.

No comments: