PetSmart

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Evacuation update 2

We (and as far as we know our home) are still holding up so far. We are still staying in my office. I think we are the only ones in my building, but others are on campus. Tulip kitty and Eve are both asleep. I haven't really slept, but need to while things are calm. My eyeballs feel like they have been sandpapered. The air quality is horrible.

It's really hot, but obviously we can't open the windows. Just sitting here slow-roasting and watching a live news feed. The cafe employees didn't come in today, so no hot food other than instant noodles. My office-mate stopped by this morning with coffee and breakfast, so we'll be fine. One of us might venture out later if we get hungry. We'll see how it goes.

Things seem to be improving just a little bit in this area. It's keeping me hopeful and very thankful. At least we aren't trying to outrun the fire.

No comments: