PetSmart

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Hot kitty

Our house has been really damn hot the last few days. When I came home last night, Eve was out. The house was closed up and it was a steambath in here. I put all the ceiling fans on and opened up the sliding door to the deck. I put a portable fan in the doorway to pull in the cool air. Tulip kitty had to go right over and check out the fan. She stuck her face right in front of it, then jumped when the wind hit her. She did this several times. Then she sat there (I mean RIGHT in front of the fan) and let the wind blow in her face for a few seconds. After that, she plopped herself down on the floor about 5 feet from it and went to sleep. Her little whiskers were flapping in the breeze. It was too cute. I guess kitty was hot! It's interesting that she still has an incredibly heavy coat, even in the summer. Our previous cat's coat used to thin out quite a bit in the summer. I can hardly wait to see what Tulip looks like in the winter.

No comments: