PetSmart

Friday, June 29, 2007

Hanging out

Eve has been at home with Tu Tu kitty all week. Apparently they've had quite a bit of togetherness. There's been some lounging/napping on the deck, lots of extra snacks that a certain little tiger doesn't need, and lots of extra attention.

When I get home from work, Eve is usually in the office and Tulip comes out to greet me. I think she's really enjoying the company all day. She's always in a great mood. I can usually get in a pet or two without losing a pint of blood in the process.

I've been working on getting her used to being handled at bit more. Every day I pick her up and pet her 2 or 3 times. She's getting more tolerant of it. Sometimes she even lets out a purr. I'm trying so hard to make her more gentle. But she's a tough little nut to crack. So independent! Yesterday I reached down to pet her before leaving for work. She responded with the claw. I left with a nice bloody scratch across the back of my hand. "This ain't no petting zoo, lady! Don't touch the tiger!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you think the sweet little tu tu lip kitty wants a roomie? Elmer is very lonely and wants to move in to a real home where someone will play and cuddle. Elmer and Tulip knew each other the first time Elmer was fostered here. The little guy got returned because his mum got sick. He's only 8 mos. old and looks a little like a cow with a black mask on. He is Elmer because he was found stuck in a pile of glue at a construction site. Anyway, he's as cute as cute can be and isn't cat aggressive or human aggressive. He'll play if you want and walk away if you don't. He's almost as purr-fect as Tulip. Purrs and kitty kisses to all.
-Janet & friends

Raynay said...

Oh boy. I'm sure she'd love that. I'm not sure the boss would though. When we get a bigger place, though, kitty's going to have some friends!