PetSmart

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Feline Pine

Recently we have tried a lot of different kitty litters. I like the clumping kind because it helps to keep the box fairly clean. However, I generally hate the strong perfume smell, and all the clay dust that ends up everywhere. If I don't like it, I can only imagine how harsh it is on a little kitty nose. I can't imagine all that dust is good for a cat's lungs. Tulip sneezes a lot from it. I decided it was time to try something different.

I had heard of Feline Pine before, but only knew of the original version that looks somewhat like pellet rabbit food. Being blind, I wasn't convinced that Tulip would take to the texture of it. However, I found out recently that they have a scoopable clumping version, so we went out and bought some last night.

I have to say I'm happy with it so far. It smells a lot better since it contains nothing but recycled pine. Every time I smell it, I have visions of summer camp. When it gets wet, you can really smell the pine. The texture is like sawdust, which is exactly what it is. It's still a little bit dusty, but not nearly as bad as the clay.

Kitty was very curios about the new smell. She got in there and proceeded to kick half the box of sawdust all over the bathroom. Not exactly what I had in mind. It's extremely light-weight, so I'm hoping she's just getting used to the fact that it doesn't take a lot of force to move it around. She was perfectly content to use it. I was a little concerned she might not like it and look to take care of business elsewhere.

It looks like everything is going to work out fine. I'm very happy to find something cheap, clean, recycled, and biodegradable.

No comments: