PetSmart

Monday, December 17, 2007

I'm on to you, kitty!

On Saturday morning, Tulip kitty bit the crap out of my hand. Twice. Apparently I'm a really slow learner. With that in mind, I decided that I'm not going to touch her anymore unless she touches me. (Yeah right. Like I can resist.) For the rest of the day Saturday and most of Sunday, I basically left her alone. She was visibly confused by this. She'd come stand next to me and wait for me to reach down and pet her. When I didn't, she'd look at me as if to say, "Hey! Where's my pet?" Then she realized that if she wanted a pet, she had to rub up against me herself. So she did. Often. It's pretty funny. So far it seems to be working out. She's been very sweet ever since I started this. She even comes up and sticks her little nose right in my face for a kiss once in a while.

Maybe the scrimshaw on the back of my hand can finally heal up now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwww.. Absence makes the heart grow fonder. ;) I don't know what Chloe would do if we stopped petting her for a day. I think she'd explode.