PetSmart

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Scary blanket

Janet gave us a blanket that has a huge kitty face on it. It looks just like Tulip. We have it spread out on the bed for her to sleep on. It happens to be the same color as her, so she blends right in on it. It's too much cuteness!

Thursday night I crawled into bed and Tulip came up to join me. While she was there, I moved my foot under the blankets and it startled her. She seemed to think that her blanket came to life. She was so scared that she backed herself right off the edge of the bed and wouldn't come back. She ended up sleeping in her kitty bed next to the nightstand that night.

To make a long story short, she still hasn't gotten over it. Not only will she not come on the bed, but now every other thing she bumps into or hears moving underneath her must be about to eat her. She's jumpy as anything right now. This is especially sucky for me since Eve has been out of town for the last few days. Now I have no company at night! I'm sure Tulip will work it out eventually. But in the mean time, it's pretty annoying because I can't really hang out with her. Any swishy sound anywhere near her sends all four feet off of the ground. Poor kitty. It's not easy having no eyes.

No comments: