PetSmart

Monday, May 14, 2007

Miss Independent

Kitty's getting a little more independent. She's now able to get on and off the bed on her own, although I often help her. She cruises around the entire house, no problem. She still bumps into things pretty frequently, but mostly because she isn't paying attention to what she's doing. When I get up to make coffee in the morning, she likes to sit in the entrance to the kitchen and "watch" what I'm doing. Her little head follows my every move. It's pretty darn cute!

I'm teaching her to come when I call her. It's slow going, but we're making some progress. I find that if I talk to her in a deeper voice, she responds more. Sometimes I'll call her name and she'll come running to me. Awwwww!

She's doing a couple of weird things still. First of all, she paces maniacally in front of the sliding door to the deck. I guess she knows there's more space out there and she wants to explore it. Sometimes she'll pace all day though. It drives me a little crazy. I try to distract her with toys. It hardly ever works.

The other weird thing is that she doesn't seem to look for her food and water and she doesn't scream when she's hungry. She just waits for us to put food under her nose. We have food and water for her in a couple different places, but we still find ourselves showing her where it is. She doesn't seem to care. Although, if we forget for a while, she eats like she's starved half to death. Go get your food, kitty!

No comments: